1. Synthesis of novel hydroxychalcone derivatives as potential inhibitiors of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B.- Kabonick, Seth *, Noah Smith , Anne Reeve, and Sarah Codd Messiah University.
2. Microbiome integrity of unprocessed Canis familiaris stool samples prior to storage for fecal matter transplants.- Ahmed, Biyar*, and Debra Wohl Elizabethtown College.
3. Which ingredient in selected acne medications is the most effective?– Thomas, Amilyn * Mount St Joseph Academy.
4. Use of cryopreserved human erythrocytes to culture Plasmodium falciparum.- Diep, Mina*, Matthew O’Neil, Michael Bellerose, Abhai Tripathi, and Lawrence Mylin Messiah University.
5. Impact of lysine acetylation on Mycobacterium smegmatis survival in the presence of isoniazid.- Nettles, Erica*, and Jennifer Hayden Cedar Crest College.
6. Quantitative PCR for forensic bodily fluid identification.- Hane, Kimberly*, Andre Walther, and K. Joy Karnas Cedar Crest College.
7. Identifying potential contamination of beer yeast through quantitative PCR with High Resolution Melt analysis.- Culver, Melissa*, and André Walther Cedar Crest College.
8. Comparing immobilization performance of two anesthetic protocols (ketamine-xylazine and ketamine-xylazine-Telazol®) in chemically immobilized Ursus americanus (American black bears).- Igatpuriwala, Nadia*, and Bernado Mesa-Cruz Elizabethtown College.
9. The effects of environmental stress on the equine immune response to Sarcocystis neurona and the development of Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis.- Baker, Taylor*, Brad Engle, and M. Dana Harriger Wilson College.
10. The social behavior of translocated African elephants, Loxodonta africana, into the Sera Wildlife Conservancy in Northern Kenya.- Monahan, Lauren*, M. Dana Harriger, and Shifra Goldenberg Wilson College.
11. Fragmentation by roads on microhabitat and abundance of terrestrial salamanders.- Morley, Nichole*, and Megan Rothenberger Lafayette College.
12. L-Selectins and their ligands: potential applications for improving fertility in domestic and endangered ungulates.- Holliday, Emma*, M. Dana Harriger, Abigail Maley, and Budhan Pukazhenthi Wilson College.
13. A Mathematical Model for Forecasting the Spread of Covid-19 in Pennsylvania.- DeGroot, Jack*, Cody Dosch*, Heather Kwolek*, and Craig Johnson Marywood University.
14. Regression analysis of the effect of ideology on the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic.- Bhatt, Kaivalya* Souderton High School.
15. Factors influencing COVID-19 spread on a university campus setting: Insights from an epidemiologic and metagenomic surveillance analysis.- Mauro, Steven, Austin Hertel *, Madison Heeter , Olivia Wirfel , and Mara Bestram Gannon University.
16. Mental health in the United States amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.- Biju, Irene* Methacton High School.
17. Transannular cyclizations of medium-ring amido alkenes – A computational study.- Aidoo, Emmanuel*, and Nicholas Sizemore University of Scranton.
18. Analysis of taurine content in traditional and BEG commercial dog foods.- Mills, Avery*, Jeanne Berk, and Thomas Pritchett Cedar Crest College.
19. Computational analysis of intermolecular Diels-Alder reactions of α-amido acrylates with furan and 2-(trimethylsiloxy)-1,3-cyclohexadiene.- Pikal, Claire *, and Nicholas Sizemore University of Scranton.
20. Secretory carrier membrane protein 3’s (SCAMP3) role in beta-amyloid production and secretion.- Zarilla, Alexandria*, Daniel Oar*, and Quyen Aoh Gannon University.
21. Exploring Expression Level Variations of RERE and CircRERE in Human Cells.- Divers, Hayden*, and Sean Georgi York College of Pennsylvania.
22. Role of SCAMP3 Regulating CXCR4 Trafficking.- Chiang, Angelika*, Samantha Valaitis, and Quyen Aoh Gannon University.
24. Shikimate kinase; searching for potential novel anti-Tubercular agents.- Ogrodniczuk, Marcin*, and René Fuanta East Stroudsburg University.
25. The Effect of T-antigen expression and increase SAM68 levels on the BCL-X isoform selection.- Caroland, Kailey*, John Hanson, and Jane Cavender Elizabethtown College.
26. The effect of Replication Protein A phosphorylation on telomere shortening in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using a PCR amplification-based protocol.- Vyas, Khushali*, Carly Wood*, and Andre Walther Cedar Crest College.
27. Ceramide and azacytidine in combination as an alternative treatment for triple-negative breast cancer.- Tabaku, Elsa*, Kathryn Sarachan, and Brad Engle Wilson College.
28. The overexpression of the eyes absent gene, EYA1, in retinoblastoma, a potential therapeutic target.- Morningwake, Megan*, Brad Engle, Adam Cooke, and Kathryn Sarachan Wilson College.
29. The effects of e-cigarette aerosol extract and e-liquid on the JAK/STAT6 signal transduction pathway.- Wagner, Dylan*, and Jeffrey Thompson York College of Pennsylvania.
30. Investigating the anti-inflammatory effect of curcumin and piperine in preventing biomaterial rejection in vitro.- Maria, Vincent*, Francis Krug, and Joshua Slee DeSales University.
31. Identification and characterization of the Sciara coprophila cold tolerance gene, Frost (ScFst).- Croucher, Kristina*, and Michael Foulk Mercyhurst University.
32. Utilizing a plasma membrane enrichment protocol to optimize western blot detection of the CCK2 and CCK2i4sv receptors.- Scholl, Noah*, and John Harms Messiah University.
33. Cannabidiol as a therapeutic alternative for treating Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.- Sollenberger, John*, M. Dana Harriger, and Abigail Maley Wilson College.
34. Effects of caffeine and CYP1A2, ADORA2A polymorphisms on exhaustive anaerobic performance.- Cole, Adam *, Michael Shin, and Scott Kieffer Messiah University.
35. The role of CYP1A2 and ADORA2A in Individual Response to Caffeine Consumption under Anaerobic Conditions.- Armstrong, Kathryn*, Scott Kieffer, Micheal Shin, and Micheal Sedhom Messiah University.
36. Assessing the role of dityrosine in the UV protection of yeast spores at varying wavelengths.- Barrales, Luis*, John Martinelli, David Kleiner, Ameer Payton, Edward Winter, and Aikaterini Skokotas Rosemont College.
37. Sleep Deprivation Induces Brain Inflammation Via Peripheral Monocyte Infiltration.- Wang, Jason* Germantown Academy.
38. Effect of lymphoid cell kinase (Lck) inhibition on oligodendrocyte differentiation.- Woodring, Veronica*, Sam Brady, and Jennifer Ness-Myers Messiah University.
39. Decoding brain signals in the primary visual cortex by simulating brain activity.- Safforld, Keyanna*, Serena Heagney*, Kristina Guth, Monika Girgis*, Hellen Ghanem*, and Christopher Kavanau East Stroudsburg University.
40. Comparison of computer neural networks’ ability to solve mazes with and without a dedicated memory circuit.- Hancock, Carter* Souderton Area High School.
41. Quantifying in vitro matrix deposition to elucidate the target of proglumide-mediated fibrotic inhibition in pancreatic cancer.- Buckwalter, Silas*, and John Harms Messiah University.
42. Bone Quality Assessment Using Radiology.- Witmer, Charles* The Haverford School.
43. Identification of Replication Protein A phosphorylation dependent protein-protein interactions via Yeast Two Hybrid system.- Dias, Kathlyn*, and Andre Walther Cedar Crest College.
44. Differential efficacy of antifibrotic and immunotherapy on T-cell infiltration in murine pancreatic adenocarcinoma.- Tan, Kally*, Lawrence Mylin, and John Harms Messiah University.
45. Effect of SV40 T-antigen Oncoprotein Expression in Human Diploid Fibroblasts on the Production of SAM68 and subsequent Cyclin D1 Isoform Selection.- Clements, Caleb*, Catherine Falkenstein*, and Jane Cavender Elizabethtown College.
46. Elucidation of the Isoform and Role of SRSF1 in Simian Virus 40 T-antigen Transformed Human Diploid Fibroblasts.- Nawrocki, Zachary *, and Jane Cavender Elizabethtown College.
47. Effects of Strattera (atomoxetine) on the regeneration and behavior of planaria Dugesia dorotocephala.- Lipschitz, Dena*, and Sean Georgi York College of Pennsylvania.
48. Effects of Microcystis aeruginosa on the Metamorphosis and Growth of the Polychaete Annelid Capitella teleta.- McKinney, Miranda*, Brooke Mazzotta*, Sarah Sejour*, Kevin Long*, Rachel Wynings, George James, and William Biggers Wilkes University.
49. Phenotypic plasticity in Lithasia geniculata includes shell density.- Goodwill, Gabriella*, Russell Minton, Holly Mihaly, and Riccardo Fiorillo Gannon University.
50. The potential role of freshwater mussels as indicators of bacterial levels in their environment.- Yoder, Cheyenne*, Adam Cooke, and Abigail Maley Wilson College.
51. Restoration of a Recirculating Aquaponics System.- Vasiliadis, Sabrina*, Joseph Tetreault, and Rachel Fogle Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
52. Effect of climate on adult Stonefly and Caddisfly activity and abundance.- Tasker, Jenna *, Bailey Schwenk, Ruric Bowman, and Robert Smith Lycoming College.
53. Precipitation chemistry: the effects of the covid-19 pandemic.- Bazuk, Austin*, and Derek Straub Susquehanna University.
54. Ingestion of microplastics by macroinvertebrates in streams in York County, PA as an indication of pollution.- Doyle, Chloe*, and Jessica Nolan York College of Pennsylvania.
55. Providing an interpretative guide for geology displays: Everhart Natural History Museum, Scranton, PA.- Chobanoff, Anna*, and Jennifer Elick Susquehanna University.
56. More conditioning and extinction sessions improve conditioned place preference test outcomes in mice.- King, Jacob*, and Daniel Widzowski Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
57. The effects of taurine supplementation with a grain-free diet on cardio health in canines.- Carver, Tiffany*, Deborah Austin, and Abigail Maley Wilson College.
58. Potential bee pollinators on the Cedar Crest College campus in Allentown, PA.- Alanazi, Razan S.*, and Amy Faivre Cedar Crest College.
59. Identification of fern orthologous genes implicated in moss rhizoid and grass root hair development.- Vieira, John, Jenna Sins*, Mike Ganger, and Gary Vanderlaan Gannon University.
60. The effect of human disturbance on habitat use of mesopredators in a county park in south central Pennsylvania.- Scheppelmann, Erika*, and Bridgette Hagerty York College of Pennsylvania.
61. The relative activity of the domestic cat (Felis catus) in two county parks in south central Pennsylvania.- Evans, Arianna *, and Bridgette Hagerty York College of Pennsylvania.
62. Bird activity patterns on the Cedar Crest College campus in Allentown, PA.- Schwab, Solomaya F.*, and Amy Faivre Cedar Crest College.
63. How will the EAB impact Ash trees of different sized diameters?– Kalchthaler, Brady*, and Christopher Dolanc Mercyhurst University.
64. The effects of di-(2-propylheptyl) phthalate on developing zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos.- Chew, Ana*, and Wendy Boehmler York College of Pennsylvania.
65. Genetic Control of Metal Nutrient Uptake in Arabidopsis Thaliana.- Thorne, Nathan*, and Michael Shin Messiah University.
66. Altered heavy metal stress response of mutant Arabidopsis thaliana plants in the presence of zinc and nickel heavy metal ions.- Cruzan, Annelyse*, Michael Shin, and Richard Schaeffer Messiah University.
67. Exploring the function of TEM1 within the ethylene pathway of senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana.- Pericak, Olivia*, and Rajinikanth Mohan Mercyhurst University.
68. Different Temperatures of Water v. Plant Growth.- Patel , Mira * Souderton High School.
69. Antennae movements and visual signaling in the Ecuadorian hermit crab, Coenobita compressus.- Maley, Abigail* Wilson College.
70. Examining the Evolution of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) Pathway Ligands in Insects.- Tews, Veronika*, and Austen Barnett DeSales University.
71. Inhibiting spotted lanternfly reproduction.- Bhuyan, Sangeetha* Germantown Academy.
72. Invasive Asian shore crabs and Chinese mitten crabs: current response, best management practices, and competition dynamics with native blue crabs.- Kavanagh, Katie *, and Megan Rothenberger Lafayette College.
73. Testing the resource dilution and the resource concentration hypotheses regarding infestation rate of Agrilus planipennis (emerald ash borer) in stands of Fraxinus profunda (pumpkin ash) of differing densities in Northwestern Pennsylvania.- Petrick, Hayden*, and Christopher Dolanc Mercyhurst University.
74. Effect of Diquat Dibromide on the morphology, reflex response and viablity of Hydra.- Kowalewski, Matthew*, Jackson Dardis, and Jane Cavender Elizabethtown College.
75. The viability of potatoes and rice as biofuel alternatives.- Ayub, Hassan* Germantown Academy.
76. Detecting Water Contaminants using the Bioluminescent Bacteria Vibrio fischeri.- Berlinger, Blythe* Germantown Academy.
77. Comparison of bacterialcommunities in different soil environments using next-generation sequencing.- Brown, Thomas*, Hannah Laughner, Joseph Colosi, and Lara Goudsouzian DeSales University.
78. Stream quality and water chemistry of Elk Ridge Run, a tributary to the Jordan Creek at Trexler Nature Preserve in Pennsylvania.- Wilson, Jordan E., Kiera L. Shellhammer*, and Amy Faivre Cedar Crest College.
79. GIS-based prioritization system for ms4 compliance projects in small municipalities.- Schwenk, Bailey*, and Robert Smith Lycoming College.
80. Finding novel antibiotics under our feet.- Wilkins, Ashley*, Mercedes Melo, Emily Bianchini, and Jennifer Hayden Cedar Crest College.
81. The Effects of Rolipram, a Selective Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor, on Immortalized Schwann Cell Proliferation, AKAP-95 and Cyclin D3 Expression.- Kenney, Kyle*, Mary Pistack, and Angela Asirvatham Misericordia University.
82. Efficacy analysis of zebrafish, Danio rerio, as a novel demyelination model through exposure to cuprizone-laden food.- Becker, Halle*, and Jennifer K Ness-Myers, Ph.D. Messiah University.
83. Inhibition of muscarinic receptor subtypes and effects on oligodendrocyte differentiation.- Kimbel, Kylee*, Andrew Resh, and Jennifer Ness-Myers Messiah University.
84. The effects of L-theanine on zebrafish (Danio rerio) development.- Yeager, Ashley*, and Wendy Boehmler York College of Pennsylvania.
85. The temporal expression pattern of a neuropsychiatric risk gene, complement component 4, during zebrafish (Danio rerio) development.- Crowther, Kallon*, and Wendy Boehmler York College of Pennsylvania.
86. Chemotaxis behavior reinforces KLF mutation characteristics in C. elegans.- Shebby, John*, John Minora, and Christopher Brey Marywood University.
87. Identification of instances of horizontal gene transfer between Drosophila ananassae and its endosymbiont bacteria Wolbachia.- Rivera, Ariana*, Darian Labrosciano, and Vinayak Mathur Cabrini University.
88. Evidence of horizontal gene transfer between Wolbachia and Aedes aegypti.- Labrosciano, Darian*, Ariana Rivera, and Vinayak Mathur Cabrini University.
89. Cloning and Analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans Krüppel Like Transcription Factor-1 promoter.- Patel, Megha*, and Christopher Brey Marywood University.
90. fabI gene alteration as a mechanism of triclosan resistance in Enterobacter cloacae.- Jaber, Khoula *, and K. Joy Karnas Cedar Crest College.
91. The effect of sugar alternatives on the Drosophila microbiome.- Gallant, Kayla*, and Cynthia Keler Delaware Valley University.
92. Shelf-life study of glycerol-frozen human erythrocytes used to culture Plasmodium falciparum.- Bellerose, Michael*, Matthew O’Neil*, Mina Diep, Abhai Tripathi, and Lawrence Mylin Messiah University.
93. Effects of e-liquids on Streptococcus gordonii biofilm growth.- Xu, Christina *, Michelle James, and Giancarlo Cuadra Muhlenberg College.
94. “Genome annotation of a novel Hafnia alvei bacteriophage isolated from sewage”.- Bullen, Alex *, Alex Grahe*, Penka Kassolis*, and Dr. David Singleton York College of Pennsylvania.
95. Effects of E-liquids on M1 Macrophage Phagocytosis of Aggregatibacter Actinomycetemcomitans.- Shah, Raivat*, Carly Shaffer, and Giancarlo Cuadra Muhlenberg College.
96. Examining Putative Mantel Correlations Between Granular COVID-19 Burden and Election Polling Data, Jan-Oct 2020.- Roberts, Taylor*, Julia Danko, Mughiara Qadeer, Allison Ahl, Matt Gacura, Prasad Dalvi, and Gary Vanderlaan Gannon University.
97. The potential use of Cymbopogon citratus (lemongrass) essential oil to modulate the contents of the gut microbiome.- Barnhart, Brooke*, Adam Cooke, and Kathryn Sarachan Wilson College.
98. Discovering antibiotic producing bacteria from soil.- Empfield, Keirstyn*, Patricia Tadley*, Alex Abouafech, Joseph Colosi, and Lara Goudsouzian DeSales University.
99. Examination of growth and capsule formation in mutant strains of the oleaginous Yeast, Cryptococcus neoformans to be used in biodiesel production.- Silva, Nicole*, Zahaira Velasco*, and Andre Walther Cedar Crest College.