ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Abstract acceptances will be emailed by March 4
Meeting Registration Deadline: March 22
Any person can submit an abstract on any science or science related subject. Abstracts will be grouped in oral presentation or poster sessions based on abstract submissions for a given year.
RULES GOVERNING SUBMISSION AND ACCEPTANCE OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts submitted after the deadline may not be accepted for presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the form below (no snail mail). There is no abstract submission fee.
- Individuals submitting the abstract must complete the website membership registration profile before submitting an abstract. Payment of membership is not necessary to submit an abstract, but presentation of the abstract will require a paid membership.
- The corresponding author (research adviser) must be a member of PAS in order to have an abstract presented at the meeting.
- One person cannot be listed as the presenter on more than three abstracts.
- Authors will be notified when the abstract has been reviewed. If the abstract is accepted, the tentative presentation time will be indicated in the email and a final schedule will appear on the PAS website in the week leading up to the meeting.
- The abstracts that are presented at the Annual Meeting will be published and posted on the website of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science that will be available after the annual meeting.
- Once the Program Committee has accepted an abstract, presenting authors must register and pay for the Annual Meeting by the Meeting Registration Deadline of March 22nd. After March 22nd, any abstract lacking a presenting author with paid registration will be removed from the meeting program and will not be accepted for presentation at the conference.
- The meeting runs from Friday March 29-31. Posters and oral presentation sessions may be scheduled for Saturday morning (9AM-noon), Saturday afternoon (1-6PM), or Sunday morning (9AM-noon). Special requests for preferred presentation scheduling will NOT be accepted. Presenting authors submitting abstracts must be available to present at any of the potential session times. A final schedule for presentation times will be published on the website by March 25.
- FORMATTING RULES
- Abstract should not exceed 300 words (not including title and authors). Abstracts longer than 300 words will need to be resubmitted for consideration.
- Titles must be in Sentence case with scientific names underlined.
- Scientific names in the abstract body should be italicized.
- Include NO spaces or returns before and after titles and abstracts.
- Sample Abstract for download
For questions about the process please contact program chair Andre Walther [email protected]