Abstract Submission is now CLOSED
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 25, 2023 11:59PM
Any person can submit an abstract on any science or science related subject. Abstracts will be grouped in oral presentation or poster sessions based on abstract submissions for a given year. Both oral and poster presentations will be presented during in person sessions at Gannon University. Travel grants to assist in meeting registration and accommodation costs are available for presenting authors and Travel submissions should be submitted by Mar 1st via the application form found on the Student Travel Grants page.
RULES GOVERNING SUBMISSION AND ACCEPTANCE OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts submitted after the deadline may not be accepted for presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the form below (no snail mail). There is no abstract submission fee.
- Individuals submitting the abstract must complete the website membership registration profile before submitting an abstract. Payment of membership is not necessary to submit an abstract, but presentation of the abstract will require a paid membership.
- The corresponding author (research adviser) and all presenting authors must be a member of PAS in order to have an abstract presented at the meeting.
- One person cannot be listed as the presenter on more than three abstracts.
- Authors will be notified when the abstract has been reviewed. If the abstract is accepted, the tentative presentation time will be indicated in the email and a final schedule will appear on the PAS website in the week leading up to the meeting.
- The abstracts that are presented at the Annual Meeting will be published and posted on the website of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science that will be available after the annual meeting.
- FORMATTING RULES
- Abstract should not exceed 300 words (not including title and authors). Abstracts longer than 300 words will need to be resubmitted for consideration.
- Titles must be in Sentence case with scientific names underlined.
- Scientific names in the abstract body should be italicized.
- Include NO spaces or returns before and after titles and abstracts.
- Sample Abstract for download
For questions about the process please contact program co-chair Rachael Zhu email@example.com